Sunday, November 10, 2019

Firsts: Michael Douglas in Hail Hero


Whenever I put together a post saluting award show nominee's, I look for unique images and lesser known projects of the actors involved.  Over the last few years, Michael Douglas has been a frequent nominee, for his role as Sandy Kominsky on The Kominsky Method.


When I did this past years EMMY nominee's, I decided to skip including images of Douglas as I couldn't really find anything new.  I'd already posted his nude scenes from Fatal Attraction, Basic Instinct and Beyond the Candelabra. There was one nude scene however, his first, I couldn't find much about.


Back in 1969, when Douglas was just 25, he took on the lead role in the film adaptation of John Weston's novel Hail Hero!  I had seen one old cap, of Douglas jumping naked into a lake, but decided to hunt down the film myself.  I think it was seeing Fatal Attraction on VHS as a kid that first introduced me to Douglas and his considerable sex appeal.  Douglas was 43 when Fatal Attraction was released and it was fun to go back and check out a scene from close to 20 years earlier.


No comments: