Friday, December 20, 2019

Not Julie Andrews


'This is not a meat locker. Here, you will repent for your crimes to the only judge that matters: the Almighty God.'
Sister June


My favorite season of American Horror Story was by far Asylum, the shows second season.  Jessica Lange put in a tour de force performance as Sister June and the horror in Asylum was both supernatural, and terrifyingly real.  Not only did Asylum have a Satanic Sister, it also had one of the most horrific Christmas episodes I've ever seen on TV.  Ian McShane was incredibly terrifying as Briarcliff inmate Leigh Emerson.


After seeing Silent Night, Deadly Night, I can't help but wonder if Sister June's riding crop spanking came from the 1984 film.   Many of you may remember that early in the season, Sister June forded Lana (Sarah Paulson) choose the riding crop she would use to punish Kit Walker. (Evan Peters)  To promote the show, Evan discussed the scene, and his wardrobe malfunction, on Conan.


'I basically am leaned over Jessica Lange's desk in a hospital gown, bare assed. I put the cock sock on, we did the scene and afterwards Sarah [Paulson] came up to me and kisses me on the cheek and was all, 'Sweetheart, it's ok'. I was like 'What, was I that bad?'  I look over and Ms. Lange is telling the PA that apparently my balls were in her face for the whole shot.'
Evan Peters

No comments: