Thursday, February 13, 2020

12 Days: Todd Farmer in My Bloody Valentine


Tom returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the lives of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders, and it seems like his old flame is the only one that believes he's innocent.


For my Valentine's edition of 12 Days, I could have gone for a sappy,romantic Hallmark move, or a big screen rom-com, but FH viewers know how much I love the blend of holidays and horror.  I've managed to find several Christmas and Easter horror films, but there aren't as many for February 14th.


When I started searching for Valentine themed horror movies, there was one film that kept topping the list.  It was My Bloody Valentine, the 1981 Canadian slasher flick.  I found a copy, although haven't watched, but soon relalized there was a 2009 re-mail featuring Jensen Ackles and Kerr Smith.  When I saw there was male nudity in the film, I had to check it out.


Although it wasn't Ackles or Kerr who dropped trou, I wasn't disappointed in actor and screenwriter's Todd Farmer and his more than ample asset. Farmer co-wrote the screenplay and has a small role in the film.  Like Hitchcock, Farmer has had cameo's in many of the films he's written including Jason X, Drive Angry and last year's Trick


In My Bloody Valentine 3D, Farmer wrote and included one of the most gratuitous female nude scenes I've seen on film in awhile.  I guess he sort of tried balanced it out by writing, and then taking on, a small part that also required him to show a little bit of skin. If you've seen the movie however, Farmer would have to show a whole lot more to equal what he put his scene partner through.,,,


'We write for actors and even down to the smallest character in the film, they all have their moment. You take that and you put it in a story that's in your face and there's tons of hardcore R action, nudity and you name it, but at the same time there really is a story there. It's got heart and at the end of the movie people will feel it. So I hope they'll their friends and want to see more.'

No comments: