Sunday, May 24, 2020

John Whaite: The Right Ingredients


'When I entered the competition, I didn’t think I’d have a cat in hell’s chance of winning. But that’s not to say I didn’t want to win - of course I did. It was a competition, and anyone who says they enter it just for the fun is lying.'
John and James

Stay at home orders have many seeking comfort, and one of my sources of comfort has been binge-watching old seasons of The Great British Bake Off.  The box checks all the right ingredients for comfort, beautiful scenery, friendly hosts, humor, and of course all that baking.  The show has even had me trying some of the recipes, although I'm not sure I'll ever master making a decent meat pie.



The judges and hosts are great, but what as drawn me to The Great British Bake Off has been the bakers themselves.  There have been a few seasons that few or none of the constants really draw me in, but there are other seasons, I enjoy following their progression.  Last week, I finished one of my favorite seasons of the show so far, series 3.


Season three had several bakers I enjoyed watching, and several hotties to crush over as they put things in and out of the oven.  Two, medical student James Morton, and law student John Whaite made it all the way to the finals.  For the fist half of the season, my main crush was James, the Scottish cutie who was extra creative with his bakes.


By the time the show was winding down, it was John Whaite who held my attention.  I think it was his bloody finger cut that sealed the deal.  John, sporting a blue glove, bounced back quickly, returning to make it to the finals.  Love his attitude, his bangs, and how hot his arms looked as he stirred, whisked and kneaded his dough.  It was just icing on the cake to discover he liked showing off those arms, and a wee bit more for photos.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His husband Paul is also quite scrummy, as they say on the baking show.