Monday, January 11, 2021

Arresting

'Nothing Stays Hidden....'


Like many of you, my holidays were a little quieter this year.  Although the lead up to Christmas was still busy, the days between Christmas and New Years were quieter than usual.  On the plus side, I did manage to watch a few shows I didn't have time to watch in the fall.  I've been avoiding on-line spoilers for The Undoing since it premiered last October and managed to watch it over the holidays basically spoiler free. 

I enjoyed The Undoing, especially because of the actors and performances.  The story, although began with a bang, seemed rather predictable as the series went along.  Although they threw in some red herrings, the ending was basically the one we guessed from the beginning.  Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant were both very good, but the stand outs for me were Noah Jupe as their son Henry, and actor Edgar Ramírez who played Detective Joe Mendoza.

With Ricky Martin in American Crime Story

I recognized the handsome face of actor Edgar Ramírez right away, but couldn't really remember where from.  A quick look at his IMDB page had me realizing I'd seen him previously playing Gianni Versace in American Crime Story.  That's not where I remembered him from however, in ACS, Ramirez was almost unrecognizable as Versace.  I remember actually initially thinking it was actor Enrico Colantoni until I saw the credits. 


The answer actually came from a quick search of FH.  Back in 2011, when doing my annual EMMY posts, I included Ramirez who was nominated for his role in the mini-series Carlos the Jackal. During my research, I ended up watching the mini-series after seeing caps from the actors nude scene.  Of course I had to strip  Detective Mendoza from his clothing and include the scene below. 


Carlos the Jackal (2010)


No comments: