Monday, May 10, 2021

Blast from the Past: Michael O'Keefe

I've featured actor Michael O'Keefe previously on FH, but it was in a piece looking back at 1980's Caddyshack.  I've never put the talented actor alone in the spotlight.  During the 90's and 2000's O'Keefe was a fixture on television with appearances on shows including: The West Wing, Law and Order, Life's Work and CSI.  Many, like myself, got to know O'Keefe from his turn as Jackie's boyfriend Fred on Roseanne.

O'Keefe actually began his career in the early 70's and appeared in shows like; The Waltons, Maude, Phyllis and M*A*S*H. O'Keefe also had a string of films successful films in the 70's and 80's including one of his most well known roles, as Danny in Caddyshack

The Great Santini (1979)

It was another 80's flick that inspired this post however, a movie I hadn't seen or heard about until last week.  Thanks to poster Hawthorne on DC, I was introduced to O'Keefe's turn in the 1984 film Finders Keepers.  The scene is quick,  just the briefest flash of butt, but it was notable none the less as I believe it's the actors only on screen nudity.

Roseanne (1993-1995)

Fred : How many men did you date before we met? 
Jackie  : [chuckling] Well, Fred, don't worry... it's not that many. I'd - I'd saaay - three a year. 
Fred : Since you were, what, eighteen? 
Jackie: [getting defensive] Well, Fred! It's not *that* many! Three a year for 20 years is, 60 - wow. 
Fred : Gawd... I don't even *know* 60 people. 
Jackie : Well, I didn't *know* all of them.


Caddyshack (1980)

'Guess I'm a little overdressed?'
Danny Noonan

O'Keefe with actor Scott Colomby 

In addition to looking hot in his tighty whities, this scene from Caddyshack was even hotter given O'Keefe was sporting an erection. 


Finders Keepers (1984)

'On the run from the police and a female roller derby team, scam artist Michael Rangeloff steals a coffin and boards a train, pretending to be a soldier bringing home a dead war buddy. The train ride turns into far more than Michael bargains for.

No comments: