Friday, June 11, 2021

Pomp and Circumstance


'Be Bold, Be Courageous, Be Your Best!'

Freddie Prinze Jr. in She's All That (1999)

In 1999's She's All That, Dean (Paul Walker), challenges Zack (Freddie Prinze Jr.) to a bet on whether Zack can turn any random girl into the Prom Queen within six weeks. As you can see, Zach lost the bet. 



When I was thinking of compiling Graduation nude scenes on film, I initially thought there'd me tons.  For some reason I thought flashing or mooning at graduation ceremonies was a staple in many teen flicks.  Flashing and mooning is of course a staple, but there were not as many instances as Grad as I first thought.  I found a few additional 'prom' flashes, but for this piece, decided to stick to convocations and cap and gown flashing. 
 
Robin Williams in Patch Adams (1998)

' I wanted to become a doctor so I could serve others. And because of that, I've lost everything. But I've also gained everything.'
Hunter Patch Adams


As with many films, the graduation ceremony in 1998's Patch Adams, and Robin Williams butt flash, happens  at the very end of the movie.  Given Patch's personality, it wouldn't have been a Graduation without him stealing the show. 


Dan Monahan in Porky's Revenge (1985)

'Graduation nears for the class of 1955 at Angel Beach High. The the gang once again faces off against their old enemy Porky.'


The last film in the Porky's series actually had two Graduation scenes, one at the beginning, and one at the end.  The one at the beginning of the film was just Pee Wee's dream, the one at the end, the real grad.  Although actor Dan Monahan (Pee Wee) showed everything in the first two films, I couldn't help but wonder if there was a body double used in these scenes.  It may have been due to the big crowds, or it could have been these scenes were shot on location at a different time.  It could be Dan, but looking closely at the face had me wondering. 


Moose (Tony Ganios, Brian (Scott Colomby) and Tommy (Wyatt Knight)


No comments: