Friday, July 2, 2021

Joshua Buscher in Washington Crossing the Delaware


'The 21st incarnation of this fleshfest benefiting Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. This time out, the chorus boys and girls are portraying famous works of art—only nakeder.'


In 2012, Broadway Bares presented Masterpiece.  The goal, to take famous paintings and turn them into seductive works of art on the stage.  One of my favorite numbers from the show was actor Joshua Buscher headlining Washington Crossing the Delaware.  Joshua made his Broadway debut in 2009 in the role of Diesel in West Side Story and went on to appear in Priscilla Queen of the Desert , Kinky Boots and Big Fish.


Washington Crossing the Delaware are three 1851 oil-on-canvas paintings by the German-American artist Emanuel Leutze.  The paintings commemorate General George Washington's crossing of the Delaware River with the Continental Army on the night of December 25–26, 1776, during the American Revolutionary War. That action was the first move in a surprise attack and victory against Hessian forces at the Battle of Trenton in New Jersey on the morning of December 26. 


For Broadway Bares, Buscher took on the role of the famous President and during this particular crossing, his hot Continental Army was determined to strip his naked along the way.  Although I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Buscher live, I first became a fan of his work, and his incredible body, two years earlier.  I believe I was first introduced to Buscher beautiful backside in The Bank, a number from 2010's Broadway Bares. (HERE:)


'I have had the privilege of being the first strip, the lead strip twice.  Basically it sets the mood of the show, the energy of that first number is always crazy and we always want to push the boundary a little bit more. '


'The great thing about Bares is that it's all for one cause, and always so supportive. The cast is supportive of each other, all 200 dancers, the audience is there to have a good time, so we as performers just turn it up a notch.'


'There's a moment in George Washington where my shirt gets ripped off by two of the guys that were beside me and the way my costume was rigged, the pants were very high waisted for the period. and the pants actually ripped with the shirt. I'm turned upstage and I'm looking over my shoulder and it's just my ass.'


Special thanks to David Asset for the video below!

No comments: