Sunday, October 10, 2021

Aftermaths: by Briancan Photography


'October was a beautiful month at Green Gables, when the birches in the hollow turned as golden as sunshine and the maples behind the orchard were royal crimson and the wild cherry trees along the lane put on the loveliest shades of dark red and bronzy green, while the fields sunned themselves in aftermaths.' 
L.M. Mongtomery

I never really thought of Autumn as an aftermath until reading the quote from L.M. Mongtomery.  It really is the result of the previous 12 months and the consequences doled out from Mother nature. Both our actions as humans, and the impact on weather can  influence the when Autumn begins, the length of the season and the vibrancy of  colors we see.


I love Autumn, and am grateful to live in an area where Autumn brings forth a brilliant pallet of yellow, orange, red and rust.  The other night, I read an article about how you could see the changing Autumn colors from space.  I maybe should have known this already, but this was news to me.  The article recommended heading to sites with satellite feeds to check out the colors.  


I quickly did just that.  It was incredible seeing the satellite images from central Canada and the Northern America.  If you check back, you could see the images darken as the leaves changed color.  It began in the middle, then spread more towards the east each day. As a lover of Autumnal images, this was right up my alley.


Regular FH readers know that I especially love fall imagery featuring male the form.  Unfortunately, due to the chill in the air, it's sometimes difficult finding images of nude models posing in the Autumn woods.  Thankfully, I know a few photographers and models who enjoy creating no matter the weather and the season.  Earlier this year, when featuring model Matt Eldracher's work with Briancan Photography, (Shake Ya Tail Feathers) I tucked away a few Autumn themed shots.  They were shots that Brian had taken of Matt outside,  naked except for a red plaid coat.


'I love the fall for the colour backdrops and no bugs to bite the models when we are in the woods as the mosquito season is past .'


When I asked Brian about featuring more of his fall themed imagery, a cascade of colorful images with a variety of beautiful models appeared in my inbox.  Given Brian and the models featured are Canadian, with the images were all shot near Toronto where Brian lives and works, they were perfect to help celebrate the country's Thanksgiving holiday. Oh and don't worry, I didn't forget about those images I saved of Matt.  You can check those out on the NEXT PAGE HERE:


'The fallen leaves add another lovely element to the ground for reclining shots and its a good time for the models to haul out their plaid shirts, hoodies and leather jackets for semi nude and nude shots.  There can be an the issue of cold and models penis’ getting smaller so I don’t usually have the models running around fully naked. We often do a drop your pants and open your shirt etc for the shots. I then can crop above the dropped pants. Works well!'



No comments: