Friday, November 12, 2021

Tripped


'Make her stay and watch. I want that treacherous bitch to see what she's done to me.'
Monica Lewinsky (about Linda Tripp)

Ryan Tripp

I starting watching American Crime Story:Impeachment late. After reading a few fairly negative reviews, I thought I'd skip this installment.  As much as I love Sarah Paulsen, I have to admit, I was getting a little over her headlining every Ryan  Murphy show, and really couldn't see her stepping into the role of Linda Tripp.  I was wrong.

I'm five episodes in, and Paulsen has morphed into the unlikable Tripp beautifully.  It's one of my favorite performances from her in a long time.  Although I'm still not sure I love Beanie Feldstein as Monica Lewinsky, so far, the focus has been on Paulsen's Tripp. In episode 5, Do You Hear What I Hear, in addition to getting a scene of Jake Trapper trying to hit on Monica, we also get a couple of scenes featuring Tripp's children Ryan and Allison.

I'm not sure that actor Ryan Nassif who play Ryan Tripp really has any lines, but he's seen briefly brining down the Christmas decorations and opening presents as his mother looked on.  Because his part wasn't that big, I didn't initially recognize Nassif in the role.  I knew Nassif from his social media pages, and also from his time on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  Nassif is the nephew of Dr. Paul Nassif, who was married to Adrienne when she was on the show.

Ryan Nassif

Given how hot Nassif is, the sort of wasted him having him only in his winter Christmas sweaters in the series, but it did have me wondering about the real person he was portraying.  I'm certainly old enough to remember the Clinton Impeachment, but don't remember really paying too much attention at the time.  My passion for politics and respect came after.  I certainly don't remember how hot the real Ryan Tripp was, but a quick Google search certainly had my attention...

Ryan by Xander Photography



No comments: