Sunday, July 3, 2022

Red, White & Brand Spanking New: Kyle by Lights On Studio .


'Although this was his very first nude shoot, from the minute Kyle came in to the studio, his attitude was upbeat and humorous  He willingly and eagerly agreed to the pics with the underwear in his mouth and the flag in his butt crack.'

Like so many artists. Tom Nakielski (Lights On Studio) always worries before a session.  What if the model doesn't show?  What if they look different than their pictures?  What if they're not supportive of the concept, the poses, or shooting nude?  What if??????   You can't really blame Tom for worrying, especially with his string of no-shows for scheduled holiday shoots in jus the past year.


For this year's Easter shoot, (HERE:)  Tom thought he had all his ducks (well... baby chicks) in a row. A model was set, scheduled and even confirmation from the model the night before.  Tom headed to the studio in the morning, hauled out the holiday backgrounds, set the lights and put all the props in their places.  Yet... there he stood, surrounded by baby chicks and bunnies and his model didn't show


In a panic, Tom called called his studio partner Karah to vent.  Karah knew of a hairstylist who might be interested and offered to call him to see if he could fill.  While Karah was on the  phone with Kyle the hairstylist, Tom was on the phone with Anthony, a model he'd worked with before, and who lived close to the studio. Anthony was able to come right over.  


Although Kyle agreed to the shoot, in the end, Tom decided to go with Anthony. They had worked together several times before, and Tom knew Anthony could slide in and give him what he needed. Tom did however, really want to work with a new model, so when it was time to plan for his 4th of July shoot, it was Kyle he decided to contact.


'Kyle had never done a photo shoot before and never posed nude.  I went over the shots that I wanted, and confirmed there would be nudes. Kyle was a bit hesitant and said he would consider it.' 


As you can beautifully see, Kyle decided to put his trust in Tom and take the leap.  As he usually does, Tom went all out with dramatic lighting, props, fashion all draped in vibrant red, white and blue. Given he's worked with so many bodybuilders and fitness models, Tom eager welcomed the enthusiasm and energy that Kyle brought to the session. 


I always start a session with with clothed shots, I want the model, and myself, to feel comfortable and not rush things. I had Kyle put on some patriotic underwear under his leather pants. Gradually I had his show a bit of the underwear until he was in just his underwear. I took over 100 shots before I finally had him remove his underwear. No problem!  Kyle did not hesitate or seem the least bit uncomfortable. 


Tom had also invited friend and fellow photographer Cari along to assist him during the shoot. Tom shares that Kyle had both of them laughing during most of the shoot.  Kyle was open to all of his concept ideas and suggestions for poses. 

As many FH readers are aware, Tom loves to end his sessions with a bang. Well, at least a bang, pop and whoosh.   Check out Tom's shots of Kyle, (as well as several other models) shooting off their fireworks on the NEXT PAGE HERE:


'The flag in the butt was Cari's doing. I thought about it but didn't have the nerve to suggest it to a new model and upset him. So glad she suggested it. It's one of my favorites too. He was more than willing to the idea. '


'The session was a lot of fun.  Kyle's  confidence and eagerness throughout the session made it go quickly. I had planned on three hours but I realized that 4 hours had passed and I needed to call it a wrap. I could have shot several more hours but I hope to have him back to do more shots.'


'I had never done a photo shoot like this before. Just head shots. I was super nervous and excited. Tom was great! He made me feel very comfortable as if I’ve been doing this forever! Once I saw the photos I felt a whole new kind of comfort and confidence! I can’t wait to get back in the studio and do some more.'





No comments: