Saturday, July 2, 2022

Tom Nakielski : A Mighty Flame

Craig

'From a simple spark, may burst a mighty flame.'

Luke

Most don't think of National Anthems as being orgasmic, but yet the Star-Spangled Banner lyrics certainly give it their best shot. I'm not sure there's really anything more phallic than the lyrics'the rocket's red glare, The bombs bursting in air.' as written by John Stafford Smith.


It's appropriate then, that over the years of creating holiday posts for the 4th, photographer Tom Nakielski (Lights On Studio) with a combustive conclusion.  Now I'm told, (shhhh) some of these 'bursts' were not exactly planned, but you never know how a male model's going to choose to celebrate the end of a successful shoot.

Hansel

Now for those planned eruptions, Tom fully prepares, ensuring a fire extinguisher is handy, and all safety protocols are followed.  That doesn't mean however, that Tom hasn't had his fair share of messy clean-ups once the crackle and fizzing has subsided once the model is finished. 


A 4th of July isn't really complete without fireworks at the end of the night and Kyle is the 5th model who has ended his Independence Day shoot with Tom with a burst of beauty, light and energy.  Tom is known for his attention to lighting, color and detail, and this is certainly evident in each of these firework themed shots.

Tony

Like most children, I loved fireworks and went every time I was able.  When I got older, and had pets, I learned to HATE them, and with a passion.  Most of dogs, and a couple of my hates, were petrified at the noise and vibrations, and given they were set off near my home, I used to leave for the night to spare them the trauma.  


As we all know though, official town or city fireworks are not really the worst for pets, those we can plan around.  What's more frustrating is all the neighbourhood idiots who light them off in their backyards for a week before, and days after, the actual celebration.  These days however, I'm temporarily without a pet, so I'm enjoying them again until another furry friend moves.

Kyle

No comments: