Sunday, August 21, 2022

Shower Scenes: Michael Oberholtzer in Hair Brained

'You have to give yourself over to the nudity. The story has to become more important.'

In the above quote, actor Michael Oberholtzer isn't talking about his butt baring shower scene from the 2013 film Hair Brained.  The stage and screen actor is referencing the nudity in his Tony nominated role in Broadways' Take Me Out. 

Take Me Out (2022)

Most of you I'm sure, were aware when videos from Take Me Out hit the Internet earlier this year.  Although most of the attention went to actor Jesse Williams, the other actor in the shower scene with him was Michael Oberholtzer.  Although Oberholtzer doesn't speak for his fellow actors, in an interview in The Daily Beast, he voiced feeling that a leak was probably inevitable.  Although the production did all they could do to build an infrastructure to prevent it, several videos did make it on-line.

I don't often post paparazzi and leaked videos. On the few times that I have, I've taken my lead from the actor involved.  If they're upset or bothered in anyway, I try to respect that.  My feelings on the subject are mixed however.  Although I respect an actors feelings, anyone, whether they're a celebrity or not, takes a degree of risk when doing anything, naked or not, in public.  

Hair Brained (2013)

'14-year-old genius Eli is rejected from Harvard and ends up at Ivy League wannabe Whittman U, where he meets 41-year-old Leo, a gambler who has dropped out of life to enroll in college; Leo teaches Eli every bad habit he knows'

So although I'm not sharing the leaked shower scene, I am sharing another shower scene of Michael's this one, from the comedy Hair Brained.   I enjoyed the 2013 campus comedy, but more for the performances than the story.  In addition to Oberholtzer, it was also nice to see Brendan Fraser again.  I also really enjoyed the talented Alex Wolff who played Eli. The son of actress Polly Draper and  musican Michael Wolff, Alex is definitely a unique talent.

No comments: