Thursday, September 8, 2022

Dirty Blond: Jason by Shax Carter


For this shoot, photographer Shax Carter began the shoot in an outdoor location, contrasting Jason's beauty with natural beauty and colors around him.  For the remainder of the shoot, they shot inside and utilized the natural light at the side of the bed.


Artistic Origins: 
I became interested in filmmaking at an early age and when I was 10, I started making short little films with my friends. This led to taking photography and journalism classes in high school, and in college I majored in motion picture production, with a minor in photography/photojournalism.


First Models:
I often used my roommates/friends as subjects for lighting/photography, which led to doing nudes as well. We were friends and comfortable around each other so the nudity was fun and never awkward. Something I still do to this day when photographing a new model nude is to create a bond/friendship with them before shooting to hopefully relax and let them feel completely comfortable.. 


Remote Locations:
A few weeks ago I did a shoot with a model at a location that was so remote, (no cell signal or wireless) that every time the model and I went into town to get food or supplies, we got lost while returning, and had to drive around aimlessly until we found the location again - to the point that it became a joke haha. While there, we were frequently interrupted by local wildlife, including deer, and even enormous snapping turtles, but thankfully no bear! 


As with their first shoot, I love the mood and atmosphere Shax created, aided by the light and muted colors and sensual poses Jason creates.  I also loved, also featured in their first creative collaboration, that Shax ensures to focus on Jason's beautiful back and backside.  


I love Jason's the sprawling branches on Jason's back tattoo and how they spread from the middle of his back outwards.  I equally enjoyed the beautifully overt eroticism with Jason's sprawling poses and the spreading his legs in the last few poses.



No comments: