Thursday, September 8, 2022

Comp Beast!

The last few years, I've started Big Brother each summer, but usually stopped about mid-July.  This year, I stuck with it mostly due to houseguest Michael Bruner.  I don't usually get invested in gay reality contestants, especially on Big Brother, they're casting decisions are often questionable usually lean towards stereotypes.

Big Brother doesn't have a great history with LGBTQ houseguest, with casting or with editing.  They virtually ignore their only gay winner, Andy Herren, and I don't believe have ever brought him back.  Yet... there are some others, (Jeff anyone???) with a history of homophobic comments, who've been brought back multiple times. 

I think Michael might just break their poor track record.  They would be foolish not to bring him back for an All Stars Season, or hook him up with Taylor for The Amazing Race.  Michael is a comp beast, breaking 16 year old competition records and currently holds the record for most vetos won in a single season.

I didn't pay much attention to Michael at the beginning of the season, I was too busy crushing over Pooch and Kyle.  I even did a piece earlier in the summer on ole  Pooch. (HERE:)  But.. Pooch left early and if you watched the show, you know what happened with Kyle...   I do think Turner's adorable, and Joseph and Monte are hot, but each made some questionable game moves that made it hard for me to really route for them.

Michael's personality and comp wins made him the one to watch, and made him hotter and hotter as the season progressed.  I was really hoping for a Taylor and Michael final two.  There are many Taylor fans who were hoping for Michael to leave, and last night they got their wish.  I love me some Taylor as well, but as good a player as she is, it can't be denied that Michael's wins have helped her get where she is in the game.

With Michael gone, I'll be routing for Taylor, but a Brittany or Alyssa win wouldn't bother me.  Brittany worked her tail off for Michael and Alyssa, she hasn't done much other than have sex with Kyle, but if she slides into the final 2 next to Turner or Monte, I'd give her the cash.  I'll miss Michael, and given the show is only on a few more weeks, will most likely just read the message boards until the final.  Look forward to seeing more of Michael in the future!

No comments: