Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Everywhere to run. Nowhere to hide: Eduin & Edgardo by TR Pics


'His name was Jason... and today, is his birthday." "You're going to Camp Blood, ain't ya? You'll never come back again. It's got a death curse!'
Crazy Ralph


As I shared earlier, new work always get's me excited and Tom's (TR PICS) visual trip back to Crystal Lake was one of the image series that I really wanted to explore more this Halloween season.  Some of you may remember that I posted a couple of teaser shots from this elaborate shoot last year, but I got in touch with Tom earlier this month about featuring more from the series. 


I especially loved the shoot because it takes place in the woods, the location for most of the action, and the slaughters, in the first few movies.  We were never allowed to rent, let alone watch, scary movies at my house, but I was able to catch some of the Friday the 13th films at some of my friends houses, usually at parties and sleep overs.  


I think they were the first 'slasher' films I ever saw, and they haunted me for years, even when I got older. I remember distinctly being a camp counsellor myself in the 90's and having flashbacks to those films, especially when out in the woods.  One of our activities for each set of campers, was leaving the cabins for a night in the woods.  No tent, just a sleeping bag.  As I 'pretended' to be strong and confident when the kids were awake, I was shaking over every noise and branch crack once the campers were all asleep. 


The manic behind the mask in this series is Eduin, a model many of you have enjoyed in more pleasant settings, in previous pieces on the site. (HERE:)  For this series, Jason's (Eduin) prey is actually his best friend Edgardo. Tom has shot both Eduin and Edgardo together and separately many times over the past few years. 


'Eduin and Edgardo decided they wanted to do a "horror shoot" together, but make it a little sexy by being naked. They went to Party City and bought all the fake blood and machete, and I supplied my backyard. It was really a fun, goofy shoot and I think we all learned how hard it is to make "scary" look realistic when you're close friends and the proper mood isn't set. 


Some of these shots came out really well, but there were a lot of "cutting room floor" takes.  it was a fun experience and I like what we got.'


Behind the Scenes:

As soon as Tom mentioned 'cutting room floor' takes, I got excited.  As much as I loved the original series, I was really excited about some possible behind the scenes shots.  Tom didn't didn't disappointed.  They actually filmed a behind the scenes story and even a video, to go along with the shoot.   


Tom generously sent on some BTS shots to accompany the first set of shots. I love seeing Edgardo's smile in-between shots, as well as Tom's assistant ready with more blood, lots and lots of blood!






No comments: