Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A Bevy of Butchers


 'Dude, that goalie was pissed about something!'
Freeburg, Freddy vs. Jason

Owen Lindberg

I'm not really into the sexualization of serial killers and psychopaths, but with fictional movie characters, I'm all for it.  I'm not really sure I know why, many cinema slaughterers motivate not only fans and viewers of the films, but creatives and artists as well.

Next 2 images by Brett Kiellerop

I think the fist time I really saw, enjoyed and featured depictions of Jason's junk was about ten years ago.  In his book Aussie Gods, photographer Brett Kiellerop shot several models wearing the Jason mask on their face, and on their heads...  I love the many creative ways Brett shot the many models featured, from shoots on incredible Australian beaches, to elaborate studio shoots featuring costumes and body painting. 

Dirtroad by Noplacia 

One of my favorite 'Jason' inspired shoots is definitely photographer Gary Larson (Noplacia) and his work with model DirtRoad.  DirtRoad has always been one of my favorite models, and I have been fortunate to have featured many of Gary's shoots with him over the years. This Friday the 13th themed shoot remains a stand out. 

David & Andrew

I love the shots model and digital creators David and Andrew took this year honoring not only Jason Voorhees, but several other hunky horror hellions as well. 

Jason

If you're a fan of Jason, and a fan of cosplay, you've most likely seen the work of another Jason, (dontgojasonwaterfallstx).  The Texas based model, and self described comic geek, has picked up Jason's machete several times over the years.


 And.. a favorite Jason themed video


No comments: