Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Quaternate: Peek Physique


'My approach to male nude photography is to be blunt and basic. Here's the guy, here's what he looks like without his clothes on.' 


I'm always sad when I lose contact with a photographer, but I also understand that things change, and time goes on.  I first discovered the work of Tom from Peek Physique back in 2011.  I was fortunate to have featured his work eight times between 2011 and 2017.  I communicated with Tom mostly through Model Mayhem and when I went back to ask him about another piece a few years ago,  his Model Mayhem page was unfortunately gone.


I loved the models that Tom to choose to shoot and the unique way in which he captured.  Tom always set a mood with shoots, through pose, lighting and location.  He shot in studio, on rooftops and in basements and bathrooms and always brought out soulful sides to the models in front of his lens.  I also loved that Tom always ensured to get some great shots of his models beautiful backsides.  In addition, I loved the philosophy that guided his way of shooting.

Jado

'Time stands still for no one. It reinforces my belief that people should get themselves photographed when they are at their physical peak because that stage of life does not last very long. I'm fascinated with the notion that there is one day in everyone's life when they are at their peak of physical attraction and after that we all go downhill. That, plus our natural urge to steal a peek at perfection, is why I call my photo endeavors "Peek Physique.' 
Tom



Sean


Matt

No comments: