Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Prime Time Supporters: David Sederholm

'Uh huh. I wasn't interested in 40 year old men then, and I guess I'm still not.'

The line above, comes from the first episode of the second season of Frasier. I was recently flicking channels and caught the classic episode, Slow Tango in South Seattle, on TV.  Those who remember, or for those who never saw it, Frasier visits his old piano teacher who he had sex with when he was just a teenager.  She was about 20 years older, and into younger guys.  

Frasier

When Frasier asks her out, she replies with the line above.  The line was said after her hot young date, (above) arrives at the door.  Although he was only on-screen for a few seconds, said only one line, and didn't have a name, I was smitten.  The actor had such a handsome, chiseled face, I thought I must have known him from somewhere.  I did, and I'm guessing most of you did as well. 

David by Barry King

The actor's name is David Sederholm and his chiseled face was regularly seen on television in the 1980's and 1990's.  Sederholm made his professional debut in the 1981 horror flick, The Prowler, and went on to spend much of the 80's on daytime tv including a regular run on the soap Ryan's Hope.  

After leaving the soap in 1985, Sederholm was a regular guest on episodic television in shows including: Sledge Hammer, Night Court, Dougie Howser MD, Ellen, Married With Children and Perfect Strangers.  He also had small parts in films including; Beastmaster 2, Hexed 2, and The Hunt For Red October.  

In addition to his memorable, though brief, turn on Frasier, some readers might remember his Valentine's strip on an episode of  Mama' Family. (below).  More of you however, I'm sure remember Sederholm as the hot hunk in the coma, (credited as Coma Guy) that both Phoebe and Monica fall for in a 1995 episode in the first season of Friends

Mama's Family

Friends

I was hoping to find out more about the actor, but he's mostly disappeared from acting, and the net.  His last credit on IMDB was over 20 years ago and I couldn't find him on social media.  At first I thought I found some sexy shots, but turned out to be model David Sederholm, who although shares the name, and the handsome face, is at least 25 or 30 years younger than what the actor's age would be. 

No comments: