Saturday, March 11, 2023

The Stuff that Dreams Are Made Of 🎥


I feel there is no substitute for going out to the movies. There is nothing like it.  
Steven Spielberg


I've been covering the Oscar's, and uncovering the Oscar nominee's for over a decade now.  Although my interest in the show, and award shows in general, has waned over the years, I still love visually celebrating the Academy Awards.   


Even though my interest in the show has diminished, I still get excited during the week that they air.  Even on the year's I didn't watch, I was sure to follow on Twitter and catch the highlights on-line.  My love the Oscar's goes back to when I was a kid and used to beg my parents to let me stay up and watch until the end.  Usually they said no, and for many years I was only able to watch the first hour or so.


When I got old enough to actually watch the show until the end, like so many, I made it an event.  I planned my snacks, my drinks, and even decorated a few times.  Although I have attended Oscar's parties, I never actually had one myself.  I did have friends come over to join me to watch, but I actually think I enjoy watching alone. 


Like most, my love of the Oscar's is connected to my love of the movies.  I used to love going to the movies, starting with parents, then with my older brother, with friends, on dates, and I've even gone a few times by myself.  I've had so many monumental moments while sitting in the dark in a movie theatre.  


There are so many defining moments confirming who I was as a person, especially many scenes and movies that cemented and confirmed by sexuality.   I can't even count times I tried to hide an erection, or my excitement over seeing scenes of male skin on the big screen.  Many of these moments occurred when I was on a date with a girl, and I was always worried the redness on my face, or all the shuffling I was doing in my seat, wasn't giving anything away.


I've celebrated so many of those memorable scenes on the site over the years, and love stripping down the careers of nominee's.  I also love featuring 'movie' related shoots, including this one featuring Alex and Kince from Jim from Studio1x.    Jim shot these exclusively for FH back in 2001, (HERE:) and there were so many great shots, I went back into the folder to choose some extra shots to use this year.  


Check out this year's nominee's in the nude
& more Academy Award themed posts HERE: & HERE:



No comments: