Saturday, April 22, 2023

Just Because: Richard Armitage

'(Coming Out) happened when I was 19–to anybody who mattered–and I was always waiting for that question to punch me in the face, and it never did.'


Actor Richard Armitage has been getting a lot of attention of late, and rightly so!  Not only because of his nude scenes in the Netflix erotic thriller Obsession, but for what has been called his 'casual' coming out.  I'm not a big fan of public coming outs, but I do see the importance of visibility.  I just think some people, like Armitage, were never really in, so the need to come out is for others more than for themselves. 

Vicar of Dibley 

Although Armitage has been in a ton of mainstream films and box office hits, my crush on the UK based actor began after seeing him on television. It was in about 2012 I discovered the Dawn French sit-com Vicar of Dibley on PBS.  It used to air on Saturday nights and I'd DVR it and watch it on Sunday mornings.


The first time I ever saw Armitage on screen was his three episode arc as the object of the Vicar's eye in three episodes from the 2006-2007 series of the British show.  I was as smitten as Geraldine, and posted about the actor after seeing the episode. (HERE:)  I went on to look for more of the actor's work, and it was another television appearance that caught my eye.

Between The Sheets (2003)

Although Armitage has quite an impressive nudity resume, one of my favorite scenes is his turn in the 2003 mini-series, Between The Sheets.  I love that the director gave us plenty of close-ups of Armitage's amazing ass.


Obsession  



No comments: