Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The Second Steven:


Earlier this year,  I noticed the 1980's prime-time soap Dynasty began airing on a local retro-network on my cable system.  I was a little young to watch of the show when it first aired, but caught a couple of the early episodes.  I was surprised at how stern the viewer discretion warning was at t he beginning of the show and posted about it, and actor Al Corley, earlier this year. (HERE:)

I have not been watching regularly, but have caught a few episodes, mostly to finally see actor Billy Campbell, (who I also recently posted about HERE:) who briefly played Luke on the series.  Billy was certainly hot on the show, he has such a beautifully shaped face, and enjoyed seeing his scenes with the new Steven played by actor Jack Coleman.

Campbell & Coleman

It was interesting seeing how their gay love story played out, especially at the same time Rock Hudson was doing his short stint on the show.   Sadly, Campbell's character was killed off in the infamous Moldavia massacre, ending his relationship with Steven.


It was interesting to see how the show decided to go back and forth with Steven's sexuality, having him gay at some points and bisexual at others.  Although it was a bit of a mess really, it also must have been pushing boundaries, especially in the mid to late eighties.  

Coleman, Troy Beyer & Campbell

Although I can't really say I like the show, it is interesting to look back on how Steven was portrayed.  There weren't many gay characters on television at the time, and Dynasty was a pretty high rated show at the time.  It was also interesting to look back at Jack Coleman in the role, an actor I really first got to know during his time on Heroes.  


Coleman had the quintessential look of a sexually confused hottie about to age out of his twink status and looks.  At times Coleman seemed uncomfortable with the role, at other times however, he did a great job with the characters confusion.  Regardless of the story and lame dialogue however, Coleman was beautiful to look at, and shirtless in almost every episode that I caught.  Check out some of my favorite moments with Coleman in the role on the NEXT PAGE HERE:  They include one of the cheesiest, over the top, yet incredibly hot, gay fight scene I 've ever seen on television.

No comments: