Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Scholastic by Frisky Frolic


'The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
Dr. Seuss


There's few days that bring such conflicting emotions like the first day of school.  For some, the time preceding that day are filled dread, anxiety and even fear.  For others, it's a time of joy, excitement and eager anticipation.   I know many students have already returned to the classroom, but growing up where I live, school always started after the Labour Day weekend.


If you were lucky, it started on Thursday.  Sure, the school year always has the same number of school days, but there was something about returning on a Thursday that was a little more palatable.  You know you could push through two days with a weekend awaiting.   I had years when I experienced everyone of the emotions above.  

I loved school for the most part, and in my early school years, and my high school years, I was excited and eager for school to start.  During my Jr High years however, my older siblings had me terrified about starting a new school, and filled me with stories of the horror that older kids inflicted on the new crop of seventh graders.  It wasn't as bad as their stories, but it certainly had it's moments...


One of my favorite photographers is JayBee from Frisky Frolic.  Whenever I feature JayBee's work, I comment on how it evokes childhood feelings and memories from childhoods.  JayBee's use of fun, fantasy and color, and his ability to zero in on the erotic elements we associate with certain activities and holidays always triggers my mind, my memories and thoughts both real and those erotically imagined.  One of my favorite of JayBee's shoots was the scholastic themed F-bomb shoot, (HERE:) that featured several years ago.


In addition to getting your class schedule, showing off your new duds and finding out which teachers you'll have.  One of the best parts of the first week of school is meeting new people, some life-long friends and some mortal enemies.  It's also really important to get to know and connect with your new dorm room mate. 


Frisky Frolic on Instagram / Twitter

No comments: