Tuesday, October 3, 2023

My Baking Boyfriend:

'Taking part in Bake-Off the most bizarre, surreal experience from start to finish.'

I have a special place in my heart for The Great British Bake Off.  The reality baking competition was one of the shows that helped get me through the early days when stuck at home during the pandemic.  I'm guessing like many of you, I like to have someone to crush on and root for when I watch a reality show.

Sometimes it's a woman, but it's usually a guy, and I've had many bake off boyfriends while watching over the years.  It's nice to have a cute guy to watch while he bends over his oven to peek at his pastries, check on his cakes, and pace nervously while he waits for his dough to rise.

For me, this year's it's 28 year old Matty Edgell.   The sports fanatic and physical education teacher is adorable with a great smile, and an equally pleasant demeanor.  Although he struggled with curdled  buttercream, his flavors got him through the first week.  I'm rooting for Matty, but if he goes early, I've got my eye on a back-up boyfriend.  Daryl, Tasha's BSL interpreter, looks yummy, and Daddy Dan took this weeks star baker.  It's early, lots of sweet treats to come.

No comments: