Saturday, March 9, 2024

Curtain Up!


'For a lot of filmmakers, their first goal is to be successful and make some money. But once people start doing that, the real goal is then to win an Academy Award. Because when they do, they know that their obit is going to start out, 'Academy Award winner so-and-so.' 
Robert Osborne


It's Oscar time again which means it's time for the annual  FH salute to the Hombres de Hollywood!  Check out the next few pages for features spotlighting this year's crop of male acting nominee's, as well as some of the hottest nude scenes from their careers!  There's also a few other Oscar and cinematic related posts that I hope sparks some enjoyment and our shared love of the movies. Check them out HERE: / HERE: & HERE:


Although my love of the Academy Award show has decreased over the years, my love of the movies has definitely not.  I don't get as excited as I used to about watching the ceremony, but I haven't forgotten the anticipation I used to feel.  I used to drive my parents crazy about staying up to watch, and bargaining with my siblings to let me watch when we only had one set in the living room.


My favorite Oscar years were the nineties I think.  I was in my teens and early twenties, and by then had a television of my own.  I didn't have to worry about being allowed to stay up, or fighting with anyone about being able to watch.  Those were mostly the years Billy Crystal hosted, and I looked forward to his opening production number, putting all the Oscar nominated films into song.  I miss Billy, but enjoy Jimmy Kimmel as host.


Every year I notice I've seen fewer and fewer of the nominated films and performances.  I don't think it's about age, but changes in the Industry.  Not only do they now have 10 nominees for best picture, many never really drew me to the theatre, or even to the television.  I caught the ones I really wanted to see, and a few I didn't.  There are still a few on my list, and a few I'll catch down the road.  Out of the 10 nominated films,  I saw 6, really liked 3, but wasn't especially passionate about any.  I am still passionate about the movies though, unfortunately some of my favorites, like every year, just didn't make the cut.


Sooo.... in the words of the great Bugs Bunny, Overture, curtains, lights,  This is it, the night of nights  No more rehearsing and nursing a part  We know every part by heart!

No comments: