Friday, May 24, 2024

Take That Pope Francis! Zach by Lights On Studio


'Zach was such an easy going person which made the session a breeze and pleasant.  He was also really talkative about his life, which made the time fly, and added to the experience.'
Tom NakielskiTom Nakielski


The first set of images you're enjoying, are from the first session.  The include the geometric props that photographer Tom Nakielski, (Lights On Studio) planed as the focus as one of the themes. As you can see,  Tom matched the vibrant colors of the shapes, by asking Zach to bring some his brightest, and most colorful shirts and pieces from his wardrobe.   I love the colors, and the bright blue backdrop, and there's sort of a retro feel to the shots that I'm not sure Tom intended. 


Although Tom has been shooting for decades, his work with Zach occurred shortly he stopped shooting 'regular' photos sessions to focus solely on physique sessions and the male form. Although Tom still struggled from time to time when it came time to asking models to disrobe, it was even more pronounced in the beginning. It was only when they were about to wrap up, Tom spoke up and asked Zach to lose his undies.  Zach just smiled, and later told Tom that he was wondering if they were ever going to get to the nudes. 


'It was only later on in my sessions did I feel comfortable asking the models to get naked. I think I was more uncomfortable than most of the models. Eventually, after a few more nude sessions, did it all seem a normal thing to do, and just part of the art and the session. '


' I blame my Catholic upbringing that made me think I was doing something sinful. I now rejoice in appreciating the beauty of the the male physique. And damn the thoughts that it was depraved to enjoy the sensuality of the male figure. So there, take that Pope Francis!'
Tom Nakielski


This shoot also occurred before I let Tom know my affinity for side, back and of course butt shots.  Tom made sure to remind me of that, when he sent on the images.  Although I love a great butt shot, Zach has such a handsome face, and a beautiful front, I'll let it pass...😉



No comments: