Saturday, May 5, 2012

That Face: Douglas Booth



Last month in my post featuring actor Jeremy Irvine I mentioned that he would soon be taking on the role of Pip in the newest version of Great Expectations. During my research, I uncovered another Pip (add a third, and we can call Gladys). When hitting google search for this Pip, English actor Douglas Booth you cannot help but be taken by his incredible face and eyes.



Booth portrayed Pip in a recent television adaptation of the Dickens classic which I recently saw part of when it aired on Masterpiece on PBS. The version did not totally hold my interest but when Booth is on screen you cannot help but be mesmerized. The former model got his biggest break two years ago playing Boy George in the tv movie 'Worried About The Boy'. Booth will be appearing in no less than five movies this year, sure to make him a household name in America. Most notably in playing Romeo in Carlo Carlei new version of the Shakespeare classic and LOL with Demi Moore, Thomas Jane and sadly Miley Cyrus. (sorry her appeal, beyond the tween set, still escapes me).






I had actually seen Douglas before, but had not really noticed his incredible appeal when I saw him as Heinz Neddermayer in last years Christopher and His Kind.

Below:
Douglas in Christopher & His Kind



No comments: