Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Flawless: Jourdon by Jamtron Studio


'Jourdan has this ridiculously sexy body and way of moving, but a very innocent face. I really tried to play this up.'


I think it was that quailty that David from Jamtron Studio's describes above that had me clicking to see more of his portfolio and work with Jourdan. There is something extremely captivating about Jourdan's angelic face, and those beautiful wide eyes contrasted with his fit, and incredibly hot body. There are not any smoke and mirrors needed with Jourdan, visually there is much to soak in and savor with just a simple pose and a look.


'Jourdan was a dream to work with, found him on MM and contacted him to do a shoot. He’s flawless, I didn’t have to spend any energy figuring out how to make great photos of him, perfect skin, perfect, amazing, tight abs. I think a requisite in a good model, the abs.'


David may not have had to spend much energy on capturing fantastic shots of Jourdan, but I think I may have stressed him just a bit when asking him to write about the experience. ' I used to be a painter and publications always wanted me to write something about my work. Hated it. I’d tell them I just paint, I don’t write.' With his work with Jourdan, I do think the final images speak for themselves. There is little really required in the form of words that viewers wouldn't be thinking for themselves. Jourdan has a keen interest in the entertainment business and has always wanted to model and act. Currently a college student, Jourdan works hard, studies hard and likes to play hard. A self described adrenaline junkie, he loves almost all sports and likes to lead his life outside of the box, always looking for the next big thing to provide a rush and take him to the next step.

David shoots only in studio and says that he likes the control that it gives him with lighting and backgrounds. He describes his process as fairly straight forward and doesn't start a shoot with any preconceived ideas of what he'll be shooting, especially with a model that he's never worked with before. 'I like to keep things fairly simple so the emphasis is on the model.' David, like many photographers, asks the models he works with to bring a variety of casual clothing to the shoot. David however has another reason for asking this, beyond just providing wardrobe for the shoot. David says that by wearing clothes they are comfortable in, it often helps them to relax in front of the camera. More importantly, by, seeing what they choose to bring, David gets a glimpse into how they see themselves which can really support the creative process and often provides a direction and focus.



No comments: