Sunday, February 15, 2015

Live Sunday Night:


Although at four and a half hours, (one being red carpet) Saturday Night Live's 40 Anniversary celebration should be a blast. I have often featured the show on FH, the highlights, the low lights, the great hosts, the lame shows and whenever of course whenever someone, especially if that someone is Taran Killam, takes off his shirt.


Lorne Michael is quoted as saying most people love the cast they watched in high school. That cast for me (last image below) included Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, and Dana Carvey and Jan Hooks in their last season. Although I loved many of them, I think I watched more SNL the years before when I was in Jr High, and the years after when I was in university.


I think my favorite seasons were the 2008-2010 years when Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler were on their last seasons, but on enough to cross over a season or two with Kristen Wiig and my infinite love Stefon (Bill Hader). It will be interesting to see who, not already announced shows up!


My High School SNL Cast:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My high school cast was Molly Shannon, Will Ferrel, Chris Kattan, Tracey Morgan, Ana Gastayer, and Cheri Oteri. I loved that cast and it was definitely my favorite. I've hated all the ones since then. After high school I turned to MadTV which was so much better.

-Chris