Thursday, August 6, 2015

Bop ’til You Drop


I don't know about you, but if I were to guess which teen heart throb would make a come back in 2015, in a Meryl Streep movie no less, I would not have guessed Rick Springfield. Yet... this week, Rick, now 65, joins Meryl and her daughter, the talented Mamie Gummer in movie theatres in Ricki And The Flash.


I was never a huge Sprinfield fan, never really saw him in much. I knew he was at one time on General Hospital and had heard the song Jessie's Girl, but he never really sparked many feelings, just a slight bit of ambivalence. But... there was that scene in Hard To Hold...


I remember seeing Hard To Hold on VHS in the late 80's. The scene with Rick in the white towel, and losing the white towel was certainly one which required repeated rewinding, re-watching and pause. I don't really remember much about the movie other than that scene near the beginning.

Rick as part of the 70's Australian group Zoot

Shirtless rocking then, and now.

Hard To Hold (1984)

I am not sure I have ever had as much difficulty finding decent caps of an actor's nude scene than I did with Rick in Hard To Hold. I almost ordered the DVD on Amazon, but in the end didn't think the cash was worth a few captures for the blog. (at least not yet away...) Usually I can find a cheaper copy, or a version on YouTube or another site to watch and cap, but I had no luck with Hard To Hold. There are a few caps below that I found, and you can see more (although small versions) at RickSpringfield.us. If I break down and decide to buy the DVD, I will certainly share!

No comments: