Sunday, January 20, 2019

Test Shoot: Andy by JW Johnson


During my anniversary series of posts, celebrating the sites 10th year on-line, I featured a few of my favorite shots of Andy.   If you'd don't know the name, I'm sure many of your recognize the face, and the body.  Depending on which magazine or website you discovered him on, you may know him as Andy, as Cody, in some places as Brittain Harcourt and for his shoot with JW Johnson and a few other photographers, he was simply known as Danny.


It was last month, that I spotted a couple of shots of  'Danny' on JW's site while searching for some images for Christmas.  I immediately recognized the model and video actor I'd enjoyed during my early days of surfing the net.   JW shares that he lost much of his work with Danny after a computer crash several years ago, but feels lucky he still had these images from an early test shoot.  I felt lucky as well, and grateful JW sent them along to share with FH


'Danny was a bit of an enigma...a real puzzle to figure out much of the time, and I think that was because he was a quiet kid.  When I was first interviewing him on the phone he was talkative cas he was very interested in modeling, but at the time, he had never done it.

He was athletic and nicely toned and soooo easy on the eyes due to his heritage...a real combination of good looks...I found him online one day and we talked for a good hour, then another hour or so on a second call.  I let him know I would be up in KC shooting some advertising print work for a video producer and could test shoot him one day up there if that would work for him...it did and I set it up. '


JW first discovered Andy in late 2004 or early 2005.  JW was working doing advertising for CF at the time, a few years after the website got it's start on-line.  CF hired many of JW's discoveries the first few years, and he shot some of their promotional images until the site got their own full time photographer a few years later.  When the owner and producer of CF came up to meet Andy, they loved his looks and Andy (credited as Cody on CF) quickly became a viewer favorite on the website.



No comments: