Sunday, June 30, 2019

Canucklehead


'Canada was built on dead beavers'
Margaret Atwood


Margaret Atwood isn't far off.  It was indeed dead beavers, specifically their pelts, that helped make the furry rodent one of the emblems of Canada.  Canadians, not always known for their fashion sense, used to love their beaver hats, sure it's mighty cold in the winter, and it went back to the 1600's, but wearing dead rodents on one's head is a unique fashion choice.


Every Canada Day, I try to spotlight one of The Great White North's most well known symbols.  I featured hockey players, Mounties, Beaver's (well, this is FH, so more Bieber than beaver) and lost of men in the snow. This year, I tried for Curlers, I thought there had to be images out there.  Searching for hot Canadian curlers didn't bring back much, although there are Men of Curling calendar's, I could only find a few images.  I did find some adorable curlers, and maybe next year I'll find a way to sweep a few out of their clothes....  I think thought of maple syrup, but tapping season is over.  But... to any photographers who want a challenge,  the mix of man flesh and maple syrup could make for a fun, but sticky photo shoot.....



So..... until I find a naked curler or two, or a man draped in maple, enjoy this years salute to Canada and Happy Canada Day to all of the Canadian artists, actors and models who've been a part of the site, and the many Canadians who drop in to check them out!


No comments: