Sunday, June 30, 2019

Cling Wrapped: Matt by Immortal Form


'Under this flag may our youth find new inspiration for loyalty to Canada; for a patriotism based not on any mean or narrow nationalism, but on the deep and equal pride that all Canadians will feel for every part of this good land.'
Lester B. Pearson


For me, holidays on FH start about a year in advance. That's because, many artists and photographers post holiday themed images on, or just before the date of the holiday. It''s then generally too late to feature the artist or model on that specific year, but I make note of the artist with a plan to bug them in about 11 months time....


That's exactly what happened when I spotted the work of Immortal Form last year.  I have followed the Ottawa based photographer on Instagram for awhile now and noticed one of his flag shots of Matt that he posted to celebrate Canada Day last year.  Sooo... this year, when Canada Day was approaching, I reached out to Dave about featuring his flag shoot with Matt.


I loved the unique look Dave achieved with this shoot, there was a glossy, shimmering look to the flag, creating an almost abstract appearance.  I learned from Dave that his technique for achieving that look was to have the flag, and Matt, completely wet. This explains how the flag seems to be so beautifully clinging around Matt's body. Dave shares that Matt was a wonderful subject and handled being completely soaked for the shoot like a trooper.


Matt wasn't originally intended to be the wet naked model draped in the Canadian red and white.  Initially, it was another model that Dave had scheduled for the nude shoot.  The original model wrote Dave asking if he could bring his buddy Matt along.  Dave wasn't sure at first, that he was comfortable having a model's friend hanging around while they were working.  It ended up however, being a stroke of good luck when Matt's buddy backed out of doing nudes.


'When they were here, I actually had the impression Matt was more adventurous and might be open to giving nudes a try....   I asked him about posing and he agreed. Shortly after, I was surfing the web and I found Matt's Model Mayhem account. I wasn't surprised when I saw on his MM account that he had posed fully nude before, and for a friend of mine.  This was his second time shooting nude, and just his third shoot in total.  Mat's  a great guy and in crazy good shape.  He's got classic good looks, a crazy great profile and nearly no body fat! I'm extremely jealous. ðŸ˜‰ '



No comments: