Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Curried


One might assume it wouldn't be such a smooth transition from The Tony Awards on Sunday, to game 5 of the NBA Finals on Monday, but for me, sports and theatre always went hand in hand. I was always having to leave theatre rehearsals early to make it a game, and having to annoy both my basketball and hockey coaches about skipping practices for rehearsals for the school musical. There was definitely more tension at the Toronto Scotiabank Arena than there was at the Radio City Music Hall, especially in the last the last few minutes when the Warriors staved off elimination by beating the the Raptors by just 1, yes, just 1 point.


I was rooting for the Raptors, this was the first time ever, that a Canadian team has made the NBA finals. That doesn't mean I don't love the Warriors, especially Klay Thompson and the legendary (and hot) Stephen Curry. Together, the earned 57 points in Game 5, their third highest total in an NBA Finals game. I wasn't too thrilled with how the Raptors fans cheered when Kevin Durant went out due to his Achilles injury, gut given it took almost a quarter of a century for them to be able to cheer on a team, I'll cut them a wee bit of slack. Looking forward to Thursday's Game 6, although not sure any of my fingernails will have grown back by then.

No comments: