Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Ad Men: Zachariah Reitano


'Starting Roman meant breaking down what it meant to be a man: the idea that men don’t have trouble getting an erection and are always perfect in the bedroom all the time and don’t have any stress in that area at all. I realized I was going to have to share one of the most personal experiences of my life with the entire world.'


Ok, I know I'm not the only one who noticed how cute Zachariah Reitano is in those Roman ads.  At first I found the ads a little groan worthy, I assumed initially, the hot guy talking to his doctor dad about erectile dysfunction was an actor, but then realized he is actually the founder of the company.  Zachariah, in addition to having a great name, is also a welcoming and non-threatening spokesman for discussions about the (his) penis.


'To me, a man is someone who feels very comfortable in his own skin and is kind and strong and good to his friends and family. When I think about strength, it’s not necessarily in a typical way, but ways where through difficult moments, you rise up to meet those challenges. I think anger is such wasted energy.'


After seeing the commercial more than a few times (it's oddly played on MANY shows that I watch....) I went from groaning to gaining some respect for the guts it took to put his face out there in the ads.  Yes, his face is gorgeous, but Zachariah could have hired a hot actor to talk about their penis problems, but then, like me, the impact may have stopped at the groan, not to mention the groin.  Having the owner speak about his own erection issues is much more effective.

No comments: