Monday, June 10, 2019

Tony Highlight: Santino Fontana


I thought last night's Tony Awards had many highlights, from James Cordon's opening number through many fantastic musical performances.  My favorite was the showstopping Unstoppable from Tootsie, featuring the unstoppable Santino Fontana.


Count me in on the many who role my eyes when big screen movies are turned into Broadway Shows.  It always seems a bit lazy.  There are an equal number of quickly closed duds as there are hits, but those hits have been big enough to ensure the tread will continue.


I loved re-watching the 1982 film, there are some great scenes that I always enjoy.  Santino beautifully steps into Dorthy Michael's heels with ease, especially with his incredible singing voice. I first heard Santino sing Unstoppable on Good Morning America last month, and was looking forward to his Tony's performance, and thrilled about his Tony win.

If you don't know Santino from his roles on stage, you may have seen the talented singer and actor may be familiar to TV fans for his regular roles on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and the Jennifer Lopez series Shades of Blue.  Movie lovers may recognize Santino's voice as Hans in Frozen.




No comments: