Monday, June 10, 2019

Ben's Bed


'Nude Modeling has given me confidence in my body. I'm not in perfect shape, just an avereage looking guy, but comfortable with posing nude. It's mostly something I do just for fun. Plus... I really enjoy being naked, and sharing the view with others.'


You can sense both Ben's enjoyment, and his sensual confidence in this series of self shots.  I love the poses Ben creates and the lines and curves of his body.  There's also a starkness, and maybe tinge of isolation.  It's felt both through Ben's eyes, as well as the contrast of Ben's skin against the wrinkled ivory toned sheets.


'With the overhead shots on the bed, I was trying to come up with something different for my indoor photos. I'll do shots inside sometimes when it's too cold to get outside, but it's harder to get good natural lighting inside, or come up with a good variety of settings indoors, or views that don't have too much visual clutter in the background. I ended up rigging up a way to hang my camera up near the ceiling with a combination of the ceiling fan, a board and some rubber bands.'


'It was a little complicated getting it set up and getting some test shots, but once I did, I was able to lay back and try out a whole series of different poses using the remote. I shot in the morning in a corner room that had good light coming in the windows, so I didn't use any other artificial lighting. Definitely ended up with some of my favorite indoor images. Let me know if you like to know anything else.'



No comments: