Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Man Eater


'Watch out boy he'll chew you up'


I'm not someone who really cares about someone else's sexuality.  This is especially true when it's a celebrity.  That being said, almost every male celebrity at one time or another, has been rumored to be gay.  I'm not sure any recent celebrity has gotten as much attention as singer Shawn Mendes. Social media and male celebrity sites are full of posts from people who 'believe'  he's gay.


I have no clue, but I do know one thing, Mendes knows how to play the game.  Although he's denied in interviews that he's gay, he also seems to have a bit of fun with it.   He's seems to almost give a metaphoric wink to those who question his sexuality.  Sure, there are countless posed and staged shots of Mendes and his girlfriend, but between his work with Calvin Klein underwear and his shirtless photo sessions, he works to keep his fans, regardless of their sexuality, satistifed. 


I'm not sure a closeted celebrity would have shown up to The Met Gala in an outfit showcasing leather and his, but Mendes doesn't seem to care.  This has me liking him, regardless of his sexuality, even more.  There was a day many young male performers, and certainly their mangers, would have stayed clear of an event like the Met Gala.   


Mendes not only went, he flaunted his body, not concerned about what others might think or say. I'm sure the singer knew what the responses would be, but he didn't really seem to care.  He seems to like being enjoyed, by any eyes who might be enjoying him.  I certainly enjoyed seeing the shots of Mendes entering.  I also couldn't help wonder if his wearing two belts meant anything at all.  Probably just a fashion choice...

No comments: