Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Saki: Servir Soi-Même


Most regular FH readers are familiar with model and artist Saki.  I've been featuring imagery, both behind, but mostly in front of, the camera, since 2015. (HERE:)  As soon as I saw his first image, I was drawn to both Saki and his imagery.  At 60, the Paris model struggled to find photographers to work with so most of the imagery you see are self portraits. 


What we see in the mirror isn't always what is actually there, we filter and self edit based on our own perceptions.  What Saki see's, and what he captures, is a beautifully erotic reflection of both self, and sensuality.  With minimal effort, Saki captures both a physical, and an emotional expression of the passion and sexual energy.men of every age possess and experience. 


Although we all have it, as we age, and fewer and fewer photographers seem to want to capture it.  Logically one would think that's because fewer people want to see it, but Saki proves that's not the case. Every time I featured his work, the posts not only end up getting exceptionally high hits, they also usually lead to more than a few readers writing and thanking me for featuring an older and erotically mature model.


It's been a couple of years since I first featured Saki's work.  I used to follow his updates on Model Mayhem, but I've used that site less and less over the last couple of years.  I recently found Saki on Instagram, (HERE:) and again am enjoying seeing his new work.  Of course to see his work uncensored, it's best to check out  un-cropped and un-edited images on his Flickr. (HERE:) These are a few favorites from my last visit. 





No comments: