Saturday, October 23, 2021

Horror Hunks: Tim Conlon in Prom Night III: The Last Kiss

'The malevolent spirit of Mary Lou Maloney returns to Hamilton High, where she manipulates a naive male student into helping her wreak havoc on the school.'


I still remember the night I first watched 1990's Prom Night III: The Last Kiss.  I was a friends house and a group of us were watching horror movies that we'd rented.  Even though I must have been about 16 or 17 I still had an 11pm curfew and had to leave mid-way through movie.  


I did stay long enough to see actor Tom Conlon's butt scene, and long enough to get freaked out on my walk home.  The movie wasn't really that scary, but when I was a teenager, horror movies used to get in my head, both good ones and bad.  The walk home was not really that bad when I was lit by streetlights, but there was about a 12 minute trek on  road without any houses, and without many streetlights.


The only thing on either side of me were tree's and the woods.  I started out walking slowly, praying for cars to pass by.  I ended up sprinting the last few minutes, arriving home breathless, but triumphant that I'd survived the non-existent killers and monsters only real in my head.


Now if you've seen Prom Night III, you may or may not have had the pleasure of Conlon's brief butt baring, and a quick flash of balls.  This is because almost every release of the film except the first ones, have it edited out. It's didn't disappear due to framing or aspect ratio, it was clearly removed.  The question is why????


Conlon continues to be a busy working actor, but I don't think he's famous enough to demand a butt scene removed from a films release.  Although as stated, there is a hint of balls, it's again hard to believe that's the reason.  I'm guessing it may have to do with the films rating.  The butt may have given it an R or a PG13, but without the scene, maybe it was just PG rated.  This might mean more rentals from kiddies, especially around Halloween.


Regardless of the reason it still seams silly.  The scene is actually a good plot point, and without the nudity, the cuts and edits take away it's meaning.  Thanks to who else, xyzpdq from Scenes of Male Skin, I knew clips of the scene existed, so after a little hunting found a decent copy.  If you're looking to watch, it took checking out almost half a dozen versions to finally find it. 


Check out a bonus 'Horror Hunk', by checking out the male nudity in Prom Night IV on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: