Wednesday, January 26, 2022

FOMO


When it comes to HBO's Euphoria, I'm having a major case of FOMO. Normally, I'm not too worried about missing out on the latest television show, even those with male nudity.  With Euphoria however, the new season's male nude scenes have been causing quite a stir on-line.

Ansel Pierce

'Yes that was me in the bathroom, not a prosthetic.'


Last season, I watched each episode when it aired on Sunday night.  Then  the show went on hiatus, longer than usual  due to the pandemic.  I did watch the two Christmas episodes, but to be honest, I didn't really love them.  The show to me is an ensemble piece, and as well done as they were, they just didn't grab my attention the way the season's regular episodes did.


I guess that's why I wasn't chomping at the bit for season 2 to begin.  I plugged the show into my DVR recording schedule, but didn't watch right away.  I watched the first episode last week and was instantly drawn back into the drama.  I finally caught the few seconds of nude newcomer Ansel Pierce showing it all while sitting on the can.  


This past Sunday, the euphoria over Euphoria was off the charts.  With good reason given the scenes featuring newbies Henry Eikenberry and Elias Kacavas.  I caught a few clips, but still haven't had time to watch the entire show.  With another snow storm coming this weekend, I hope to get caught up before episode 4 drops on Sunday night.  My FOMO however, didn't allow me post again without including at least a mention of the season thus far.


It will be interesting to watch what happens with these three actors, especially Eikenberry and Kacavas who actually were given material to show off their acting chops along with their beautiful bodies.  The general accepted rule is that showing a lot of skin early in your career can be limiting.  I suspect that may not be the case with these two actors.   Unfortunately, sexism still leads to many actresses being written off after early nude scenes, but it seems to be changing for men, at least it seems so.  Time will tell...  It will be interesting to watch and see.

Elias Kacavas



If nothing else, all three got a boost of thousands of new Instagram followers...  Not that Instagram is a good indicator of success, except sadly, for some it is. 

Henry Eikenberry


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. That is so awesome that these young studs are willing to appear fully nude in a TV show. I have hated how some actors never do any nude scenes until they are too old to be doing nude scenes.