Friday, March 25, 2022

Martin & Lewis

I didn't really know much about Jerry Lewis or Dean Martin, but after seeing their nude shower shots, (thanks to the posters on DreamCap) I had to learn more.  Lewis and Martin met in the 40's and formed a performing duo. Lewis a comedian and Martin a singer performed on stage, in nightclubs, radio and eventually television.

I remember seeing old Jerry Lewis movies on late night television, but always found him incredibly annoying.  I did used to catch the Jerry Lewis telethon to catch some of my favorite celebrities.  I always associate the telethon with the starting of school as it used to air each September on Labour Day weekend. 


Martin I knew less about, but while researching this post caught a few moments from the Dean Martin roasts, which looked like a lot of fun.  Like the images of Pat Boone in the shower I posted last fall, (HERE:) I'm guessing these shots were outtakes from a Life Magazine photoshoot. The images were recently sold on e-bay for a fairly steep price.

Both Martin and Lewis have strong connections to the Oscars.  Martin was a frequent presenter and performed some of the best song nominee's.  Lewis hosted the show three times and in received the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award.in 2009.

No comments: