Monday, May 9, 2022

Prime Time Supporters: Eddie Kaye Thomas


I've written before about my bouts of insomnia and how it spurs me to find 'so so' sitcoms to fall asleep to.   I don't want something that actually holds my attention, I want something pleasant that makes it easy to watch and fall asleep to.  The other night while scrolling the dials I cam across a repeat of the sitcom 'Til Death. (2006-2010) 

I think I'd heard of the show, but hadn't ever actually seen an episode.  I started to watch mainly because I was a huge fan of Brad Garrett and Everybody Loves Raymond.  This was no Raymond...  Most sitcoms are formulaic, but 'Til Death take it to another level of predictability.  I've enjoyed Garrett and Joely Fisher in many projects, but this was not their best work.

'Til Death

I did however find myself crushing over actor Eddie Kaye Thomas who plays the next door neighbour.  I knew the cute face, but needed to Google and check out Thomas' IMDP page to remind me of his role in the American Pie series.  


When I first watched American Pie, my focus was on Thomas Ian Nichols who I thought was really hot. I also loved me a little Seann William Scott.  With such a large and talented cast, some actors didn't get the attention they deserved but Thomas as Finch was a stand out.

Scott, Jason Biggs, Nichols and Thomas

With a little searching, I found 'Til Death on-line and have watched seven episodes from the shows first season.  Now, I'm not necessarily recommending it, but if you need a sitcom to help you fall asleep, and a cute face to ensure sweet dreams, give it a shot.

With John Cho in Off Center (2001)

With Chris Pine in Blind Dating (2006)

American Pie 2 (2001)

American Wedding (2003)

Scorpion (2014)

No comments: