Thursday, July 21, 2022

As You Wish...


Buttercup:
Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle

Westley:
As You Wish


Snow White wasn't the only Disney princess who knew that one day her prince would come.  You don't have to be a beautiful princess, or even female for that matter, to dream of a male member of a monarch.  A handsome prince, sweeping you onto his horse and taking you away to a life of wealth, happiness and incredible sex.  


Whenever I think of the perfect prince, and whenever I catch The Princess Bride on TV, I think of Westley.  Now Westley wasn't actually a prince, he was a farm boy turned pirate which is really... even hotter.  Westley did marry the princess bride though, so on paper, if he and Buttercup are still together, he is legally, a prince. 


Like so many, I LOVE The Princess Bride, a film I enjoy re-watching again and again.  My favorite scenes are the ones when Westley was partially paralyzed after being tortured by Prince Humperdinck, (Chris Sarandon) It was seeing The Princess Bride on TV when I was a kid that began my crush on both Westley, and his portrayer Cary Elwes. 

Speaking of crushes, 1993's The Crush marks one of Cary Elwes two officially credited nude scenes.  Although I always thought the beautiful butt flashed briefly in The Crush might have been a body double, Elwes does have one other nude scene on his resume. You do get to see Cary's caboose briefly in 1986's Lady Jane.  Check out caps and a video clip on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

The Crush (1993)

'You shouldn't be here. I've gotten in enough trouble.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's because of guys like Cary Elwes that I am gay. I mean, come on.