Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Creative Components: Sebastien Clermont by Chris Teel




Who or what got you started with modeling? 
The first time I did something like modeling was posing nude for life drawing classes. I just wanted to try something new, and it got me to be really comfortable with my body, so I decided to keep looking for other kinds of similar gigs 

What has been your favorite experience modeling thus far? 
My favorite shoots are those that have a creative/thematic component or an interesting setting. One that comes to mind in particular was a shoot on a beach at Scarborough Bluffs. It felt so liberating to be naked in this natural landscape, and I had fun taking all kinds of creative photos with props. 


Any odd or strange stories from any shoots? 
I’ve been working regularly for an underwear company, and they have some pretty kinky gear. So the last shoot I did with them, for example, I spent some time in a leather body bag. 

Have you ever said no to a photographer's concept or idea? 
Not that I can think of. I do pick shoots based on concepts that interest me, but I’ve never had to say no or back out of something 


What, if any, are your boundaries when modeling? 
I’ll do pretty much anything that doesn’t involve me having to touch or be touched by someone else 

What factors did you weigh before deciding to take it all off? 
Not much, honestly. I’ve never been a prude person, and I don’t have any problem with people seeing my naked body, whether they be strangers or people I know. I just have no shame about that kind of thing, I don’t think nudity should be a taboo in the first place. 

Did the response from friends/family enter into your decision? 
Not at all. Everyone I know is pretty supportive of what I do, or they just find it amusing. 


How did you first connect with Chris?
Chris was a mutual friend of another photographer I had worked with! 

Had you been familiar with his work and if so, what about his imagery first stood out?
I hadn’t seen his work before, but when his friend mentioned that Chris would be interested in shooting me, I checked out his pictures and really loved the way he worked with framing the human form. 

What was your favorite part of your work with Chris? 
Both times I worked with him he’s been really respectful, makes good conversation, & had interesting and creative ideas!


What part of your body are you most happy with? What part gets the most attention from others? 
Probably my abs. 

What is your favorite part about modeling? 
It’s a confidence boost for sure, both the process of it and seeing the pictures after. It’s also creative when it’s a good shoot. 


As a artist, when you're modeling, do you like to collaborate with, or try to trust in their vision? 
It depends. If it’s a paid shoot, I’ll usually let the photographer do whatever they want since they are paying me to fulfill their exact vision. But often I’ll pick unpaid projects that have interesting concepts and bring my own ideas to it! For example, in November I’ll be doing a shoot where some of my art will be projected on my body. 

Do you have any dream concepts for shoots you'd like to try, as the artist, or as a model?
I’d love to do more high-concept shoots, ideally involving outdoor locations too. Some kind of Tarzan shoot in the jungle or a witchy theme in a river, etc. Also I want to keep finding ways to incorporate my own visual art in the process of modeling.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is serious prime meat