Monday, November 7, 2022

12 Days: Christopher Russell in Yellowstone Romance

'Olivia learns that after a whirlwind romance her best friend since childhood is getting married and moving from New York to a ranch in Wyoming.'


So, given Olivia (Stephanie Bennett) is the movie's lead, and given it aired last on Hallmark, you just know our spunky heroine decides to also head to Wyoming, the reason, to plan a bachelorette retreat for her, her childhood friend and their mutual gay bestie.  


Of course, Olivia is a city girl, and things don't always go as planned, especially when she finds herself falling for the Dude ranch owners son Travis, played by actor Christopher Russell.  The movie was watchable, but the draw for me was definitely Russell, and actor I've crushed over since first seeing him in the Hallmark Christmas movie Mr. 365.


Hallmark isn't known for showing skin, so when Russell pulled off Christmas shirt in Mr. 365, I was a smitten kitten and find out more about the Hallmark hunk and put together a post. (HERE:)  Since then, I've made sure to set my DVR whenever I see Russell in the credits.


I'm behind on my viewing, and although this film aired over a month ago, I finally just watched this past weekend.  It had me wondering why Hallmark goes from Autumn to Christmas, pretty much skipping over Halloween and Thanksgiving.  I know some get in the holiday mood early, but I'm not ready for Christmas films until the end of November.   Although there have been a few films that feature pumpkins and turkeys, I wish there were more devoted to the holidays leading up to Christmas.


Hallmark does however, usually get it right with casting, especially with Christopher Russell.  Usually gun shy about showing skin, they also seem to know a shirtless scene with this particular actor is required, no.. make that expected and demanded by viewers.  I don't expect Hallmark to every show nudity, but this scene, as tame as it is, is the closest they usually come.

No comments: