Friday, December 2, 2022

FaVorites: Christian Pulisic



Although I played a bit of soccer when I was a kid, I haven't really been able to watch much of the World Cup.  I knew of  professional soccer player Christian Pulisic before the World Cup started, but if you didn't, I'm sure you do now.


Pulisic has been all over the news the last few days, for his goal, and his subsequent injury  Pulisic scored while crashing headfirst into the goalkeeper.  The goal led to the United States advancing to the knockout round with a 1-0 win over Iran.  Pulisic ended up with pelvic contusion and was sent to the hospital. 


'Like, I didn't get, like, hit in the balls, but it was very painful, You know, that bone is there for a reason, to protect you, I think. And I hit it well. And it was sore, but like I said, I'm getting better.'



Despite the injury, Pulisic came back to play in today's knockout-round game against the Netherlands. Although Pulisic saw a massive opportunity go begging in just the third minute, it was saved by the Netherlands goalie Andries Noppert. The US team scored just once on a wild bounce off the foot of substitute Haji Wright.

Pulisic with Tammy Abraham

No comments: