Saturday, December 3, 2022

Union Jack


'There was a young woman from Delaware / Who liked to make love in her underwear. / A terrible prude / She would never go nude, / And her bum, hips, and tits she would never bare.'
Princess Margaret, The Crown

a couple of years ago, at the suggestion of a friend, I began watching The Crown on Netflix.  I was instantly drawn in and devoured the shows first two seasons in a few weeks.  Then.. I hit a wall.  I loved Clair Foy and Matt Smith as Queen Elizabeth and Philip, and struggled to adjust to the cast changes in season 3.  I watched about 15 minutes of Olivia Colman as the Queen, and then turned it off.


With all the buzz and awards the show has received the past few years, as well as seeing Colman in a number of projects I did enjoy, I started season 3 again last weekend and binged through the seasons ten episodes over the course of the week.  I LOVE Colman as Elizabeth, and can't wait to watch season 4.  I'm already struggling with her leaving but am sure I will adjust, more quickly than I did with the last cast change.


I equally love Tobias Menzies as Philip, Josh O'Conner as Charles and Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret.  Some of my favorite episodes are the ones centered on Margaret and especially loved her story in the episode, Cri de Coeur.  In the episode, with her marriage falling apart, the Princess finds solace in the arms of the much younger landscape gardener Roddy Llewellyn.

The Crown

I'd never heard of Llewellyn before, but understood why Margaret was instantly smitten.  Although small in stature, he certainly had a heighted level of sexual energy.  Although we saw next to nothing, the scene in which Margaret buys Roddy a speedo was incredibly hot.   I'm not sure it was the same  Union Jack speedo that Llewellyn is wearing in the images above, but he wears it well.


The equally hot actor Harry Treadaway appeared as Roddy in two episodes of the series.  I first was introduced to Harry's work when he played Dr. Victor Frankenstein in the first two seasons of Penny Dreadful.  I loved the first season of Penny Dreadful, but unfortunately it's second season wasn't nearly as watchable as the first. 


Treadaway hasn't done a lot of on-screen nudity, but I did put together an Actors & Skin piece featuring images & videos that I could find.  Check it out on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

The Crown video via xyzpdq (SOMS)

No comments: