Monday, February 13, 2023

12 Days: Nicholas Gonzalez in Playing Cupid


' In the halls of Austen Middle School, a newly single middle-school teacher is covertly set up with a divorced dad after his daughter - one of her students - begins a matchmaking business for a school project she assigned her class'


When I first saw the name of actor Nicholas Gonzalez in the credits for Hallmark's Playing Cupid, I knew I recognized the name.  I couldn't initially place where, but set a recording for the movie and headed to the IMDB.   With an impressive list of credits, including a regular role on The Good Doctor, Gonzalez was certainly in demand.  


Unfortunately, I don't watch The Good Doctor, or most of the other television shows Gonzalez has appeared on.  An image search however, provided the rewarding answer.  One of the first books I ever ordered on-line was back in the early 2000's.   I had seen some sample images from Greg Gorman's As I See It, and really wanted a copy for myself.


Some of the models were familiar, Christopher Atkins and Josh Duhamel, but others were brand new to me.  One of those models was actor Nicholas Gonzalez.  Gorman's book, and his images of Gonzalez remains favorites, and I'm so glad Hallmark's Playing Cupid had me take a visual trip down memory lane.  


Gonzalez and Jack Martin in La Brea


No comments: