Thursday, May 18, 2023

Fathoms Below!


Where Triton is king 
And his merpeople sing 
In mysterious fathoms below!


I've always been fascinated by Mermen, and I know I'm not the only one who as a kid, dove in and out of the water, pretending I was being thrust forward with an imaginary tail. My passion for Mermen was certainly cemented visually with Chasing Tail, one of my favorite shoots from photographer Richard Rothstein. 


Chasing Tail featured Sergey as the sexy Merman being chased, netted, and caught by the studly, and beautiful naked fisherman, Rob Eco.  Richard's vision and creativity, not to mention Sergey and Rob frolicking in the surf, was a visual showpiece, and my favorite shoot in Richard's homonormative narrative series of shoots I was fortunate to be able to feature.


Richard's also work inspired a two day Mermen themed series of posts that I featured back in 2020. (HERE:)  As a lover of mermen, and mermaids, I was excited about the trailer for Disney's The Little Mermaid re-make which officially opens next week.  I've already featured the film's Prince Eric, actor Jonah Hauer-King in a 12 Days post on Christmas 2021. (HERE:) The post also featured caps from Jonah's only nude scene that I could find from the film Ashes in the Snow

I have not seen the film yet, and am not sure how many hot Mermen we're going to see, but I was pleasantly surprised last week, to see some a few hot male models post images from what appears to be their time on the set.  I wasn't sure if they were real at first, as most of the Mermen and extras are not listed on The Little Mermaid's IMDB page, but they appear to be real and are linked to the films official Instagram page.

Stefano Marshall

Male models Stefano Marshall, Jacob Maynard and Marcus Hodson make an appetizing trio of mouthwatering Mermen, and they were just three of about a half-dozen or more male models who appeared in photos connected to the film.

Jacob Maynard

Now, I'm guessing they're just background players, but I look forward to seeing these beautiful bodies, and their beautiful tails, we see swimming and dancing so many fathoms below.

Marcus Hodson

No comments: